My Smoked Dark Heart | Black Lager Recipe
You know summer is coming to an end when the days get shorter, the kids head back to school, and the cool breeze of autumn starts to roll in. It’s the perfect time to start a batch of black lager such as Drew Beechum’s “My Smoked Dark Heart”, a smoked black lager. Enjoy brewing your own batch of this smokey black lager.
My Smoked Dark Heart Lager | Dark Lager
For 5.5 Gallons (21 L)
- 4.0 lb (1.8 kg) Weyermann Pilsner Malt
- 4.0 lb (1.8 kg) Weyermann Rauch Malt (Beechwood Smoked)
- 3.0 lb (1.3 kg) Weyermann Munich Malt
- 0.75 lb (340 g) Weyermann Carafa Special III
- 0.50 lb (226 g) Weyermann Crsyral 60L
- 0.30 oz (8.5 g) Magnum (pellets), alpha acid 14% (60 min)
- Wyeast 2124 Bohemian Lager / WLP838 South German Lager
- Original Gravity: 1.058
- IBU: 18
- SRM: 31
- Boil Time: 90 minutes
Mash at 125°F (52°C) for 20 minutes. Mash at 154°F (68°C) for 60 minutes. Boil for 90 minutes.
The Hoppy Brewer is your one-stop-shop for homebrew supplies, equipment, and ingredients. Find hops, barley, yeast, kegs, homebrew equipment, kegging equipment, a beer making kit, and even books on home brewing and beer recipes. Browse our Grains here.
SRC: Find the Extract option for this Smoked Black Lager Recipe at: www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/smoked-dark-heart-lager/